Sea views. Private pools. Exquisite service. You find it all on Capri.
1. La Minerva, Via Occhio Marino, 8 An intimate 18-room hotel run by a family of brothers boasting fantastic sea views from every room. With a swimming pool facing the sea, incredible panoramic viewpoints all over the hotel and accessible via a pedestrian-only walkway minutes from the popular shopping streets, this hotel is the ultimate escape from it all while still keeping you close to all the happenings.
Favourite amenities: Great breakfast, quiet and luxurious, strong wifi, attentive service and friendly staff with great advice on hikes and side trips if you're interested.
2. La Scalinatella, Via Tragara, 8 With just a short, quiet walk into Capri's fashionable piazzetta, this pedestrian-only access hotel with terraces overlooking the sea is akin to a secluded retreat. It has two pools facing the sea, almost unheard of on this small island, and it's not the most suitable place for children so plan your romantic getaway here now ;)
Favourite amenities: This hotel displays beautiful, old Italian charm and it's worth it to upgrade to a bigger, sea-facing room. Settle in to your large room with a private terrace, two bathrooms (!) and enjoy a daily peaceful lunch by the pool. (No dinner or room service served here so make sure you plan accordingly.)
3. Gatto Bianco, Via Vittorio Emanuele, 32 Centrally-located and a local favourite - this family-run hotel is a mid-budget option accessible for pedestrians via the Funicular from Marina Grande and just a short walk from the main designer shopping streets of Capri. There's no pool here but you are amongst it all with the happening spot next door, Anema e Core.
Favourite amenities: It's a classic hotel but with modern amenities, set right in the middle of town - make sure to upgrade to the best room possible as it's worth it when you can enjoy the sea views.
4. Canasta, Via Campo di Teste, 6 A family-run hotel just five minutes' stroll from the main piazzetta, Hotel Canasta comes highly recommended alongside its restaurant Villa Margherita (one of our top restaurants on Capri). Get a Superior Room to have a terrace with a sea view, enjoy the large pool with plenty of sun loungers, and don't hold back on your night out as breakfast is served til noon!
Favourite amenities: Guests rave about the cosy robes and slippers, the friendly owners (Pietro and Paola), the delicious coffee at breakfast and many have sworn that the best meals they had on Capri were in this very hotel's restaurant.
5. Capri Palace, Via Capodimonte, 14, Anacapri This luxurious hotel almost like an art gallery in its perfection, tucked away in beautiful little Anacapri, is away from the noisy crowds of the marinas. Enjoy access to the Il Riccio beach club and Michelin-starred restaurant (just 1 of their 2 Michelin-starred restaurants (!) and one of our recommended restaurants). The hotel is easily walkable to central Anacapri for shopping and restaurants, that is if you can drag yourself away from Il Riccio beach club at all.
Favourite amenities: You'll get comfortable beds and impeccable service, amazing spa treatments and free shuttles to/from the ferry, just make sure to get the room with the private pool, you won't regret it.
6. Caesar Augustus, Via Giuseppe Orlandi, 4 Wait til you see this hotel - situated on the top of the island in Anacapri with incredible views from the edge of a cliff out over the sea, it's like a fairytale, with an infinity pool to boot. The hotel is in a handy location being walkable to shops and restaurants with easy transport to the town of Capri or other sights on the island, or you can always rely on the hotel shuttle to/from the port. Guests come away feeling like they have been welcomed into someone's home, just better, thanks to the friendly staff who treat you so well and go out of their way to make this a pleasant stay for each and every guest. You'll see what we mean as soon as you walk in the door.
Favourite amenities: An infinity pool overlooking the highest cliffs of Anacapri - I just can't get past that!
7. Villa Marina, Via Provinciale Marina Grande, 191 This hotel, situated above the Marina Grande with views out on to the bay, is like stepping off a busy road into a quiet, secluded retreat. The sea-view pool is never crowded, the hotel provides a free shuttle to/from the marinas and Capri town, and you can walk to various restaurants (and into Capri town too). Take a stroll up the pathways to get to Ristorante Panorama, one of our favourite restaurants on the island. Oh and don't forget about getting a treatment at the spa before you go.
Favourite amenities: Beautiful, large marble-floored, perfectly air-conditioned rooms and some with their own large private terrace facing the sea and mountains (request the Munthe room - best in the house).
Handy transport tips:
Check with your hotel as to what transfers they provide from the Amalfi Coast to Capri - sometimes they offer a pick-up service from the port of Naples, Sorrento or others, and even from Naples Airport all the way to your hotel, for a (rather substantial) fee.
Alternatively, check out Capri Relax Boats who offer a Naples city or airport private pickup service, fast motorboat to Capri and a taxi directly to your hotel for approx. €800 for 1-3 guests. (Also available for Rome and other parts of Italy, all possible with their 24/7 service.)