1. Selene in Pyrgos - the fancy restaurant this, it has it all; locally-sourced ingredients, fantastic views, cooking courses and even a meze and wine tavern for the complete Greek tasting experience. Try as many delicacies as you can on the menu such as squid in seaweed, sea urchin, rabbit, dorada and grilled lamb.
2. Argo in Firá - here is where you'll have your memorable sunset dinner gazing over the caldera. Both a high-class destination and an environmentally-conscious kitchen, make sure to try their Santorini fava and Argo’s specialty patatina.
3. Roka in Oia - don't come here for the views. Locals gather in this courtyard for tasty mezes of fried eggplant with tomato, apple and feta pie, fried cheese, fava purée; all the island favourites.
4. Metaxy Mas in Exo Gonia (beside Pyrgos) - for great food, great atmosphere and views of Kamari Beach, this place could not come more highly recommended. Reservations advised.
5. Katina's Tavern in Ammoudi - head to the port below Oia for the best seafood on the island in this spot favoured by locals.